For beginners who are new to running, they may make mistakes or be misled by others in process of choosing and buying shoes. The editor summarizes 5 most common mistakes when choosing shoes for beginners. Please avoid them. !
1. Buy shoes by style. Some runners are too fashion-conscious, and they are no exception when it comes to running shoes. I hope everyone will not have such misunderstandings. Sometimes when you see a really cool pair of shoes, but after a few months, maybe you will complain, for example, "these shoes are uncomfortable to wear and they hurt my feet." When shopping for shoes, think about comfort and functionality, not fashion.
2. Buy without asking. When you're ready to pay, don't forget to ask if there's a discount for joining a running club. Most large branded stores provide members with discounts of 10% to 20%.
3. Better to be small than big. If shoes are too tight, it can lead to calluses or black nails. Usually women like to buy shoes that are very narrow because they are very sensitive about size of shoes and are embarrassed by others because their shoes look too big. The editor wants to say, "Play piano with your toes." This means that proper shoes should leave enough space in forefoot, approximately 1.2 cm or so.
4. Wrong time. Often, people come to store in morning and say to seller: I want these shoes. Then go back to store next day and say, “Yesterday I put on my shoes at 5:00 pm and they were too small.” same size as in morning. Therefore, it is recommended to choose shoes for night.
5. Subjectively imagined size. Many runners will experience this problem. For example, they subjectively think that Nike wears a size 8, but it is also a size 8 when they switch to NB. In fact, although they are all sneakers, different brands and different styles will have different sizes, including different foot shapes and different uppers, which will affect size of shoe. When buying shoes, do not be lazy and try on each pair for yourself, because the feeling on your feet is not deceptive, it is real.